Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 7: A picture of someone/something that has had the greatest impact on you.

When I moved out and away to college I was lucky enough to have my best friend with me along the way. As you can probably imagine you have a lot to learn when you first get out on your own and Ashley was an amazing example and friend to do this with. We learned how to grocery shop on a budget, how to use a laundry mat, how to cope with being away from family, how to deal with 5 other girls in a squished apartment and much much more. I think the most important way that Ashley had an impact on me was through the Gospel. Ashley has an amazing testimony and was definitely a great example to me as I discovered how I felt about the church on my own. She always kept us going to church no matter how much I didn't feel like going. Without her I don't know exactly where I would be and I love her for it. Thanks Ash!

Ashley left on her mission in October of 2010. This was the first time since we had both moved out that she wasn't going to be my roommate. This was a little scary only because we had done everything together and I hadn't learned how to do things completely on my own. Luckily I was blessed to have a wonderful new roommate, Jill. She is amazing. She was there for me when no one else was. She always keeps a smile on my face. Over the past few months with Jill I have learned many new things about myself and how to treat others. I appreciate all the little things she does for me without even realizing it. Love you Jilly!

These are my siblings. I'm in the middle and then all the boys are my brothers and the other girls are my sister-in-laws. I love each one of them very much, I don't say it enough but I do. As I look back on my past and how I grew up I have my brothers to thank a lot. They were always a blast to be around and taught me so much. (Don't worry parents you have an entire post later) I think about my brothers quite often, probably more than they realize but I always want the best for them and I want them to always remember I love them! The "Dudes" and "Dudette". I am so happy my older brothers found such wonderful wives to marry. I appreciate all they do for my brothers and my cute nieces and nephews. They work so hard and I love them very much!

These are only a few people who have had such an impact on my life. I know there are many more. We are who we are because of the people we chose to be around. I love all my family and friends dearly. Thank you for everything :) Toodles!




No comments:

Post a Comment