Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 24: A letter to your parents.

I saw this post a few days ago and have been thinking about what to say. What do you say to the people who you owe everything to? What do you say to the the two people who made you a lot of who you are? I'm not exactly sure what is about to come but here it is:

Dear Mom and Dad,

I am forever indebted to you two. Without you two I wouldn't be where I am today in a very literal and figurative context. I know that we all have our trials personally and together and I know that we have had our rough patches but when I thought about what I was going to say to you two in this letter I had nothing but good things come to my mind. Mom, you taught me how to be a peace maker. You always said that it was something I was blessed with but I think it was very much learned from example of you. You taught me how to use my creativity and never hide my talents. Going a little over the top is our specialty. I believe that when I get married and become a wife and mother I will attribute my good qualities to you. I know that you have prepared me as best as I would allow you to for becoming a wife/mother and even just a Daughter of God. You are an incredible mother. I know I have told you this before but I will just repeat it anyway. Our family has had its trials that would definitely make you doubt your efforts as our mom but I want you to know that you taught us not only how to handle the trials thrown our way but to always remember who we are. You have always taught us to be Christlike through teaching us and through example. Dad, you have always been one of my heroes. You have a quiet temperament but there is much to learn purely by example. I love that you taught me about cars and how to work hard. I feel like you are a large part of the reason I am so "well-rounded" I call it. Mom taught me how to be a homemaker you taught me how to work hard and to get my hand dirty every once in a while. I want you to know that I have always respected how you have remained worthy to hold the Priesthood. You have given me the perfect mold for me to find my husband. I'm guessing he'll be a lot like you. Mom, Dad, I know that I haven't always been the best daughter, but I want you know that I have never stopped loving you two. I may be stubborn (which I get from one of you! potentially a little bit of both of you) but I always am striving to be better. I hope you guys know how much I appreciate your love and caring thoughts. You guys are incredible! Love you!

Lolo
Lauren Shelbey
BBD

No comments:

Post a Comment